In my last post, I began the task of listing every local media report of every local drive-in that’s participating in Honda’s Project Drive-In. Foolishly, I thought that I might gather up all of them in one sitting. When I hit 20 theaters, each with a similar tale of tenuous finance and this lottery-ticket hope for survival, my eyes had glazed over, and I barely had the strength to finish off the post and click Publish.
Two days later, I’m ready again to see how many more drive-in reports I can list. Again, they’re alphabetized by state. And again, if you click through and find a particularly cool detail we should all know about, please leave a comment.
More of your candidates:
- Skyline Drive-In, Barstow CA, reported by the Victorville Daily Press.
- Idan-Ha Drive-In, Soda Springs ID, reported by the Idaho State Journal.
- Route 34 Drive-In, Earlville IL, reported by the Ottawa Times.
- Galva Autovue Drive-In Theatre, Galva IL, reported by the Kewanee Star Courier.
- McHenry Outdoor Theater, McHenry IL, reported (with video) by the Lake County News-Sun.
- M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In Theatre, Thorntown IN, reported (with video) by the Lafayette Journal and Courier.
- Valle Drive-In, Newton IA, reported by the Des Moines Register.
- Franklin Drive-In, Franklin KY, reported by WBKO.
- Stanford Drive-In, Stanford KY, reported by Central Kentucky News.
- Saco Drive-In, Saco ME, reported by the Bangor Daily News.
- I-70 Drive-In, Kansas City MO, reported (with video embedded above) by KSHB.
- Pine Hill Drive-In, Piedmont MO, reported (with video) by KFVS and by the Wayne County Journal-Banner.
- Skyview Drive-In, Lancaster OH, reported and misspelled (with great photo) by the Louisville KY Courier-Journal.
- 99W Drive-In, Newberg OR, reported (with video) by KGW and by KATU.
- Brownsville Drive-In, Grindstone PA, reported (with video) by KDKA.
- Riverside Drive-In, North Vandergrift PA, reported by TribLive.com.
- State Line Drive-In, Elizabethton TN, reported by WATE.
- Meadow Bridge Drive-In, Meadow Bridge WV, reported (with video) by WVNS.
- Field of Scenes Drive-In, Freedom WI, reported (with video) by WLUK.
- Keno Drive-In, Pleasant Prairie WI, reported by the Kenosha News.
Whew again! That’s 20 more drive-ins with local coverage of their Project Drive-In eligibility. I don’t know whether there are 20 more that I haven’t mentioned, but if I spot enough new ones, there may be a third episode of this franchise.