In the third installment of our roundup of candidates for Honda’s Project Drive-In, I predicted that Honda would choose more than five lucky recipients of digital projectors. What I really didn’t anticipate was that Honda would reopen voting for the second set of winners.
With another round of voting comes another round of candidates that we haven’t mentioned so far, along with some (marked with an asterisk) who saw new stories about them after voting was extended. If you’re reading this, you’re already online, so go vote for your favorite!
- Henagar Drive-In, Henagar AL, reported again* by WHNT.
- Stone Drive-In, Mountain View AR, reported again* by KTHV.
- Apache Drive-In, Globe AZ, reported by the Kansas City (MO) Star and the Miami (FL) Herald.
- Skyline Drive-In, Barstow CA, reported again* by the Victorville Daily Press.
- Pleasant Valley Drive-In, Barkhamsted CT, reported by the Waterbury Republican-American.
- Ocala Drive-In, Ocala FL, reported again* by the Ocala Star-Banner.
- Midway Drive-In and Diner, Sterling IL, reported by Sauk Valley Media.
- Holiday Drive-In, Mitchell IN, reported by WBIW.
- Star-Vu Drive-In, El Dorado KS; Pageant Drive-In, Medicine Lodge KS, and Midway Drive-In*, Osawatomie KS, all reported by KWCH.
- Stanford Drive-In, Stanford KY, reported again* by the Lincoln County Interior Journal.
- Park 60 Drive-In, Jamestown NY, reported by the Jamestown Post-Journal.
- Bessemer City Kings Mountain Drive-In Theatre, Bessemer City NC, reported again* by the Gaston Gazette.
- Lynn Auto Theatre, Strasburg OH, reported again* by the New Philadelphia Times-Reporter.
- Blue Sky Drive-In, Wadsworth OH, reported by WKYC and The Medina County Gazette.
- Motor Vu Drive-In, Dallas OR, reported again* by the Salem Statesman Journal.
- Auto Drive-In Theatre, Greenwood SC, reported again* by the Greenville News.
- Monetta Drive-In Theatre, Monetta SC, reported again* by the Aiken Standard and WIS.
- State Line Drive-In, Elizabethton TN, reported again* by the Johnson City Press.
- Sky-Vue Drive-In, Lamesa TX, reported by the Lamesa Press-Reporter.
- Auto-Vue Drive-in, Colville WA, reported (with video embedded above) by KREM.
- Keno Drive-In, Pleasant Prairie WI, reported again* by the Kenosha News.
* This drive-in was in a previous roundup, but a new story has been published about it after Honda extended voting for Project Drive-In.