I warned you that it might come to this. With less than a week left in Honda’s Project Drive-In voting period, I’ve found media reports about a few more of the candidates.
Here’s something confusing: Some of those media reports only partially duplicate other reports. That is, if a new story lists drive-ins A, B, and C, but a story from one of my first two round-ups already mentioned A and C, then I’ve added B as a new candidate in this third round-up. If you click through to the story, it’ll mention all three, but we know that B is the only one that’s new to this list. Okay?
With that in mind, let’s go through a few more:
- Stone Drive-In, Mountain View AR, reported (with video embedded above) by KTHV.
- Comanche Drive-In, Buena Vista CO, reported by somebody who left a comment here.
- Ocala Drive-In, Ocala FL, reported by the Ocala Star-Banner.
- Midway Drive-In, Osawatomie KS, reported (with video) by KCTV.
- Twin Hills Drive-In, Harrodsburg KY, reported by Central Kentucky News.
- Long Drive-In, Long Prairie MN, reported by the Sauk Centre Dairyland Peach.
- Fair Oaks Drive-In, Middletown NY, reported by the Middletown Times Herald-Record.
- Dixie Twin Drive-In, Dayton OH, reported by the Yellow Springs News.
- Motor Vu Drive-In, Dallas OR, reported by the Salem Statesman Journal.
- Mahoning Drive-In, Lehighton PA, reported by WHYY and the Pocono Record.
- Fairlee Drive-In, Fairlee VT, and Randall Drive-In, Bethel VT, both reported (with audio) by Vermont Public Radio.
- Chilton Twilight Drive In, Chilton WI, reported by the Appleton Post-Crescent.
And that should hold us on Project Drive-In news until they start talking about winners. Wouldn’t it be nice if Honda chose more than five?